I played with the image generator on redkid.net (which also offers ways to resize images), but I'm also going to play with the keepcalm-omatic and shrinkpictures.com sites. Given my love of fortune cookies, I couldn't resist using the following message generator...
I made this fortune to go along with the book Divergent, and I think it would be a lot of fun to have kids create a similar project using one of the message generators on redkid.net. It was quite tough to shorten the message to fit on the fortune cookie slip, and I really had to think about what information was important to convey without including any spoilers. I think the fortune cookie generator in particular would make a fun book display around Chinese New Year. I'd probably try a set of directions similar to those below:
Imagine the main character of your favorite book is sitting down to a delicious Chinese dinner in the opening pages of the story. What sage advice might appear on their fortune cookie to help guide them through the twists and turns of the story's plot? Visit redkid.net/generator/fortune/ to generate your own message, print off a copy of your creation, and bring it to the library to be included in our school display!

No comments:
Post a Comment